Monday, April 13, 2009

Are you worthy of the "Black Shirt?"



This post is way late, but when I took the picture, I knew that it would be something I wanted to blog about because I was so proud of Garett. On his football team this season, the players had an opportunity during practice to earn the "black jersey." It was just a plain black jersey that they wore over their regular practice gear. It could be earned for showing great dedication, hard work, hard hits, always hustling... you get the idea. Well, the guy who earned it got to keep it until another player stepped up and showed crazy awesomeness. Garett was one of 4 players to earn the black jersey and held it for the most consecutive days! He is a total stud! At the awards ceremony at the end of the year, the 4 players who earned the black jersey were presented with these cool black shirts to signify their hard work and dedication to the team! I am so proud of Garett. He is a great kid and I LOVE HIM TONS! Way to go Garett!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Great job Garett! My kids totally look up to you. Can't hide that Devil pride!

Janae said...

Way to go!!! What a little stud!