Ethan sang and hummed this song tonight at the dinner table till I was ready to kick my own "dairy oh". I had to remind him of the rhyme "If you sing at the table or dance in your bed the devil will catch you by the hair of the head." I swear this is true... It might be tonight anyway...
So one of my friends posted this on her blog and I thought it would be fun. These are all questions about High School. I hate to say my memory is fading. Couldn't be that it has been so dadgum long since I was in High School. Anyhow... here goes...
1. Who were your best friends? My big brother Coltin… Kristy Miller, Jim Roberts, Sunshine and Coby Cook... 2. What sports did you play? Volleyball all four years, Softball freshman year. I guess I was the only one who thought it was funny when the ball rolled between my legs. 3. What kind of car did you drive? The “Rooster” (An old Nissan truck) I only lived a mile from the high school, so I got to drive the truck to Seminary which was about 5 miles away when I was not quite 16, then “straight to school. Sunshine, my little sister talked me into going to the local star mart before school to get a treat. As it turned out I got pulled over in the parking lot of school… embarrassing… but didn’t get a ticket! You betcha! Also drove a “rice rocket” a little Ford Festiva that I wrecked the summer after my senior year. OOPS! 4. On a Friday nights what were you doing? Hanging out with my brother and his friends during my freshman year. Sophomore and Junior year I was probably somewhere with Coby Cook and Sunshine. Goofy Golf, Prescott, Flagstaff, anywhere but the Verde Valley. 5. Were you a party animal? Never went to a drinking party in high school, but I always have loved a good time. 6. Were you considered a flirt? Probably—Just had lots of friends that happened to be boys. Having an older brother that you get along with that has great looking friends has it’s benefits. Only dated one of my brothers friends… ok maybe two or three…? 7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? None… Choir one year. I opted for sports instead. 8. Were you a nerd? Maybe… I took AP classes and I had my share of fashion OOPS days as well as the occasional trip and fall. One particular fall I took was on a banana peel my brother planted. How do you like that? The gym showers proved to be rather slippery as well. I think that officially qualified me as a nerd. Oh well. 9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled? No, only in middle school. 10. Can you still sing the fight song? Sorry… I think I missed half of the assemblies… 11. Who was your favorite teacher? Gary Buettner…Challenged me to think outside the norm. 12. Where did you sit during lunch? In the courtyard. Always brought my lunch from home. 13. Name the school full name? Camp Verde High School 14. School mascot? Cowboys… YEEE HAWWW! 15. School Colors? Blue and White and Red 16. Rival high school? Mingus Union High School 17. Did you go to Prom? Yes… soph, junior, senior 18. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Don’t think so. It was fun… but I love where I am now. 19. What do you remember most about graduation? I threw up a huge ol peace sign when I got my diploma and gave a big woopin holler. They took my pic and put it in the paper. Don’t you know my mom was sooooo proud? J 20. Where did you go senior skip day? Don’t remember. I think me and two of my girlfriends (Kristy Miller and Crystal Cowan) skipped out and went and floated the Salt instead. It was the first time that I saw the male anatomy naked. It was traumatizing and freakin’ hilarious. 21. Favorite memory? Had lots. It’s hard to narrow it down. Senior Prom was fun. Went with Scott Gordon. We were just friends and there was no pressure. We had a blast and prom was up in Jerome. An experience in and of itself. 22. Were you in any clubs? NHS, Yearbook, Sports Clubs. 23. Where did you go most often for lunch? School courtyard or home 24. Have you gained some weight since then? What a crappy question...I have ...A little…. 25. Who was your Senior prom date? See above memory 26. Are you planning on going to your 10-year reunion? Actually missed it! We were in Mexico. 27. Who was your home room teacher? Not a clue! 28. Who will re-post this after you? I would love to see Aisilyns. Coltin doesn't have a blog but I would love to see his too. 29. Who was your high school sweetheart? I had a lot of crushes, but my boyfriend for the longest amount of time was Coby Cook 30. Do you still talk to people from high school? Occasionally 31.Did you win prom queen or king? Prom Queen Senior Year! Whoop de doo. Not really my bag 32. Where did you work in high school? Weber’s IGA 33. What were your grades? I was in the top 10 34. What was your dress style? Changed…often. For the most part very casual. I have always been a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl 35. What year did you graduate? 1997(I am so retarded! I just read this again and I really graduated in 1996! OOPS!)
I was talking to Coltin last night at the hospital and he was teasing me cuz I never said in my post whether or not the Bulldogs won the game. Tyler scored their only touchdown and the game ended in a tie. Happy Days!
This is the nickname that Tyler made up for Ryan. It sounds russian to me. Sometimes he even calls him Ruskensmoops. Anyhow... the point is... I love this kid. This pic embodies all the reasons why. What is not to love?
I don't know where the madness began. I thought it would be cool to make a special beachy quilt for our trailer. I bought the fabric and by the time I was done I was a little frustrated at the whole idea of buying material only to cut it up and then sew it back together again. But I cut and put the top together one week at moms. I don't know if I will ever do another one. However... I have a great friend who had access to one of those cool quilting machines. She had never used one before but she took my quilt top and bottom and made it into this magnificant masterpiece. Props to Cari Shields...(my good friend who put the quilt together)because she did an amazing job and then even hand stitched the edges. She is the bomb! The boys wanted to make a fort and play superman and all kinds of things with the new special blanket. I only let them do it for the pics. I can't wait to have a blanket party in the trailer (If the trailers rockin don't come knockin') J/K ... sort of. I love this quilt and am thankful for the time that Cari put in to help me have it finished by October for our Rocky Point trip. I will think of her everytime I look at it and remember all the advice and funny things she had to say! I miss you Cari!
My dad always used to sing happy birthday to us like that..."Hatch a bird egg on you..." It made us laugh ...
Ethan turned 6 on August 14th and he got a special hat at school and 6 small gifts in honor of his 6 mighty years here on planet earth. He was so excited. I made his favorite "chocolate cookies" one in the shape of a 6 and we couldn't figure out what was on his face in that pic. Once we zoomed in we figured out it was a fly. I thought I would list the top 6 things I love about Ethan. ps. red is his favorite color.
1. I love his sparkly eyes. They always tell you how he really feels.
2. His little giggle. Makes you almost pee.
3. He loves Heavenly Father and Jesus and prays for them to know it.
4. He is smart and loves to learn.
5. I told him when he lost his teeth that I couldn't possibly wake up grouchy to a face that was that dang cute. He makes me smile and he makes me happy.
6. There are not very many days that Ethan is not happy. He finds something to be happy about everyday. That reminds me that it really is the little things in life that make it so worth it.
Ryan and Brennan got a chance to play a little while Grammy was down here to visit Baby Brynlee. The boys found this hippo and Ryan wanted to give Brennan a ride. Brennan was more than happy to not have to push but didn't like Ryan's driving too good.
So my pics are not as cute as Julia's but I got to go to the "hosipal" as Ryan says to see Molli and Kendall Bryants new baby girl Brynlee. It is amazing to me how quickly you forget how little and amazing a new baby is. She is so precious! All that black hair reminded me of when Savannah was born. Anyway she is a dolly and we are so excited she is finally here!
So Tyler had his first full home game. He had one that got "rained out" (no rain but alot of lightening) but this was his first game as starting quaterback. You would think that he was more nervous than his many fans sitting in the stands but I was pretty nervous for him. He did great and there is nothing so great as hearing your kids name over the loud speaker. Hence the title for this post. The announcer was a DB (anyone who knows what those initials represent knows why I didn't spell it out) or otherwise a dork! Every time there was a false start or someone went off sides, he would yell "Oops!" and he was trying to help out the cheerleaders by making up a new cheer to the old "Two bits, four bits" cheer. He lost me when he started using quarters and crap. I mean we should just leave well enough alone. Not everyone has a math degree. He was pretty funny though. We are still trying to figure out what was in his drink. It took a little of the pressure off us and worrying whether Tyler would do well or not. He did great and we were very proud. GO BULLDOGS! WOOF! (Also heard over the loud speaker last night)
Welcome to our BLOG... Our family is not traditional or sane...but we live by the saying that"All you need is LOVE."Hopefully you will find some sort of enjoyment, or if nothing else some humor from these... The Days of Our Lives!! :)