Tuesday, September 18, 2007

BLANKET PARTY!!

I don't know where the madness began. I thought it would be cool to make a special beachy quilt for our trailer. I bought the fabric and by the time I was done I was a little frustrated at the whole idea of buying material only to cut it up and then sew it back together again. But I cut and put the top together one week at moms. I don't know if I will ever do another one. However... I have a great friend who had access to one of those cool quilting machines. She had never used one before but she took my quilt top and bottom and made it into this magnificant masterpiece. Props to Cari Shields...(my good friend who put the quilt together)because she did an amazing job and then even hand stitched the edges. She is the bomb! The boys wanted to make a fort and play superman and all kinds of things with the new special blanket. I only let them do it for the pics. I can't wait to have a blanket party in the trailer (If the trailers rockin don't come knockin') J/K ... sort of. I love this quilt and am thankful for the time that Cari put in to help me have it finished by October for our Rocky Point trip. I will think of her everytime I look at it and remember all the advice and funny things she had to say! I miss you Cari!




7 comments:

Betts Family said...

Quilting makes me think of laurel projects, frustration and camping! You did a great job, that is so. . .SONDA. . love all the colors and it will be so fun at Rocky Point. I love your boys they are just dolls. You look great too in the pics at the hospital. Hang in there. . .almost 30 year old hee hee

Betts Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betts Family said...

So "Sonda" meant fun and funky with all the various designs and colors. I read that and thought ahhhh it sounded rude. . Sorry. love you

Anonymous said...

The quilt is sooo cute! What a fun project. I have been wanting to piece a quilt but I am not sure it is a venture I am ready for yet!

Laura said...

I love the quilt! Those pics of the boys are awesome. Rocko really misses little toothless Ethan! Let's do lunch next week. Tuesday?

Sonda Bryce said...

Sounds great! I already talked to Cami about swimming and possibly a Chucky Cheese date. If you go during the week, early enough in the day... it is not too bad. I will call ya to finalize plans.

Julia said...

I LOVE the quilt! Totally fun colors. Pretty cute boys as well.