Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hatch a bird egg on you...

My dad always used to sing happy birthday to us like that..."Hatch a bird egg on you..." It made us laugh ...




Ethan turned 6 on August 14th and he got a special hat at school and 6 small gifts in honor of his 6 mighty years here on planet earth. He was so excited. I made his favorite "chocolate cookies" one in the shape of a 6 and we couldn't figure out what was on his face in that pic. Once we zoomed in we figured out it was a fly. I thought I would list the top 6 things I love about Ethan. ps. red is his favorite color.

1. I love his sparkly eyes. They always tell you how he really feels.

2. His little giggle. Makes you almost pee.

3. He loves Heavenly Father and Jesus and prays for them to know it.

4. He is smart and loves to learn.

5. I told him when he lost his teeth that I couldn't possibly wake up grouchy to a face that was that dang cute. He makes me smile and he makes me happy.

6. There are not very many days that Ethan is not happy. He finds something to be happy about everyday. That reminds me that it really is the little things in life that make it so worth it.

2 comments:

The Garlock's said...

hey! My family totally sings the hatch a bird egg song too! Growing up I don't think they ever sang regular Happy Birthday. Tell Ethan happy birthday for us! :)

Anonymous said...

I look at him and can't believe how big he is and then I realize Trey is the same age and it just blows me away. His missing teeth are so cute! Trey has some wiggling up top but none that have come out just yet.