Thursday, September 20, 2007

CVHS...GO... FIGHT... WIN!

So one of my friends posted this on her blog and I thought it would be fun. These are all questions about High School. I hate to say my memory is fading. Couldn't be that it has been so dadgum long since I was in High School. Anyhow... here goes...

1. Who were your best friends? My big brother Coltin… Kristy Miller, Jim Roberts, Sunshine and Coby Cook...
2. What sports did you play? Volleyball all four years, Softball freshman year. I guess I was the only one who thought it was funny when the ball rolled between my legs.
3. What kind of car did you drive? The “Rooster” (An old Nissan truck) I only lived a mile from the high school, so I got to drive the truck to Seminary which was about 5 miles away when I was not quite 16, then “straight to school. Sunshine, my little sister talked me into going to the local star mart before school to get a treat. As it turned out I got pulled over in the parking lot of school… embarrassing… but didn’t get a ticket! You betcha! Also drove a “rice rocket” a little Ford Festiva that I wrecked the summer after my senior year. OOPS!
4. On a Friday nights what were you doing? Hanging out with my brother and his friends during my freshman year. Sophomore and Junior year I was probably somewhere with Coby Cook and Sunshine. Goofy Golf, Prescott, Flagstaff, anywhere but the Verde Valley.
5. Were you a party animal? Never went to a drinking party in high school, but I always have loved a good time.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Probably—Just had lots of friends that happened to be boys. Having an older brother that you get along with that has great looking friends has it’s benefits. Only dated one of my brothers friends… ok maybe two or three…?
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? None… Choir one year. I opted for sports instead.
8. Were you a nerd? Maybe… I took AP classes and I had my share of fashion OOPS days as well as the occasional trip and fall. One particular fall I took was on a banana peel my brother planted. How do you like that? The gym showers proved to be rather slippery as well. I think that officially qualified me as a nerd. Oh well.
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled? No, only in middle school.
10. Can you still sing the fight song? Sorry… I think I missed half of the assemblies…
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Gary Buettner…Challenged me to think outside the norm.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? In the courtyard. Always brought my lunch from home.
13. Name the school full name? Camp Verde High School
14. School mascot? Cowboys… YEEE HAWWW!
15. School Colors? Blue and White and Red
16. Rival high school? Mingus Union High School
17. Did you go to Prom? Yes… soph, junior, senior
18. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Don’t think so. It was fun… but I love where I am now.
19. What do you remember most about graduation? I threw up a huge ol peace sign when I got my diploma and gave a big woopin holler. They took my pic and put it in the paper. Don’t you know my mom was sooooo proud? J
20. Where did you go senior skip day? Don’t remember. I think me and two of my girlfriends (Kristy Miller and Crystal Cowan) skipped out and went and floated the Salt instead. It was the first time that I saw the male anatomy naked. It was traumatizing and freakin’ hilarious.
21. Favorite memory? Had lots. It’s hard to narrow it down. Senior Prom was fun. Went with Scott Gordon. We were just friends and there was no pressure. We had a blast and prom was up in Jerome. An experience in and of itself.
22. Were you in any clubs? NHS, Yearbook, Sports Clubs.
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? School courtyard or home
24. Have you gained some weight since then? What a crappy question...I have ...A little….
25. Who was your Senior prom date? See above memory
26. Are you planning on going to your 10-year reunion? Actually missed it! We were in Mexico.
27. Who was your home room teacher? Not a clue!
28. Who will re-post this after you? I would love to see Aisilyns. Coltin doesn't have a blog but I would love to see his too.
29. Who was your high school sweetheart? I had a lot of crushes, but my boyfriend for the longest amount of time was Coby Cook
30. Do you still talk to people from high school? Occasionally
31.Did you win prom queen or king? Prom Queen Senior Year! Whoop de doo. Not really my bag
32. Where did you work in high school? Weber’s IGA
33. What were your grades? I was in the top 10
34. What was your dress style? Changed…often. For the most part very casual. I have always been a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl
35. What year did you graduate? 1997(I am so retarded! I just read this again and I really graduated in 1996! OOPS!)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Is that the Scott Gordon that married Tamra, that went to NAU, that was in our bishopric, that was going to be a dentist? Yeah I grew up with his wife. Small world!

Also I think it would have been so funny to know you back then!

Becky said...

Hey, I just found you through Julie. This blog thing is new to me and I'm still trying to figure it out but I think I'm becoming addicted. I put you on my friend list. Mine is nathanandbeckybuhr.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We want more posts!!

Uncle D_