Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm A BOBCAT! Booo Yeah!

I know that all my brothers and sisters thought that I was gonna blog about being a BEAVER CREEK BOBCAT... back in the day when we were "creekers"... but no! This post is about Ethan. He has loved being in Scouts. He has a goal to get his Wolf before we move... High aspirations. I love it. At the last pack meeting he got his Bobcat. They branded him with the bobcat paw and he got to "pin me." This is my favorite part of being a Cub Scout Mom. I am so proud of Ethan and his determination. Plus he was pretty brave when they branded him! I am such a great mom that I forgot my camera so special thanks to my friend Louisa Child for sending these pics!

Getting pinned... proud moment.


P.S. To those of you who have yet to be pinned by your son... it is a good idea to wear layers. Avoids awkward poking in the boob. Just sayin'...



I love this boy...




I think I was more scared than he was. He loved that he finally got to be branded. Now if he can just gear up for drinking the Wolf blood when he gets his Wolf...


Just have to add also that he has the best Den Leaders ever! Sandie and Todd Snider ROCK! He loves being in their den. They have gotten him really excited about scouts and I love that! Way to go Sniders! They are in the background of the pics with our Scout Master, Cameron Heath... a real trooper as well. Have I said that our ward rocks? I love our ward.

4 comments:

Katlyn Papa said...

Sonda! I can't believe your kids are getting so old! Way to go on the triathalon! Ya we are super pathetic. Maybe next year?! Love the Halloween costumes! And who knew you were moving to Thatcher? A lot goes on when I go for a while not checking out everyones blogs. You are beautiful as ever!

Betts Family said...

You are seriously the cutest mom ever, I love how excited and proud you both look! I may never get any boys so I'll just relish in your experience with all yours! Congrats little man!

The Herberts said...

Way to go Ethan!! Thanks for the pointers... thank goodness we've got a few years to go before I have to worry about getting poked in the B()()BIES. You're such a great mom and a wonderful friend! You're the best!

Laura said...

Nice job for getting your bobcat Ethan! I think that you can get a wolf before you move. oooooowooooo!!!

your very closest pal
Rocko