Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Funky Fashion


Last week for Activity Days, I was invited to go to a mother daughter Fashion show. We were supposed to have one funky outfit and one modest cute outfit.... yeah...uh huh. I am awesome at fashion... as long as it involves comfy jeans and a tee shirt. So anyway, we pulled out some of Garetts old jersies and did our hair funky for our funky outfit and then under our jersey wore black shirts and put on cute scarves for our cute modest outfit. It was fun to walk the runway. She wanted me to carry her down the runway for our cute outfits. She was worried that I wasn't strong enough... I have to admit I worried about my....ummm... grace. Luckily I didn't drop her. We had a great night together and Ana and Daniella Nava (Two awesomely cute and fashionable young women in our ward) came to talk to the girls about modesty and how it is easier for the spirit to be with us when we cover our bodies. I love those girls. And I love my girl. She is amazing and beautiful and pushes me to my limits... it encourages me to stretch, to be a better mom and better example. I am so blessed and lucky.

2 comments:

pete/chris whipple said...

Quite the pretty ladies! Savannah is growing up too fast and beautiful I might add..mmmmm maybe I'm prejudice! Your outfits sounded so fun, would have love to have seen the walk down the runway!

Turleygirl said...

You both look adorable! Love that girl!!! Merry Christmas to you & yours.