Friday, July 4, 2008

One, Two, Skip a few, 99 One Hundred

Did any of your siblings ever say they would race you to see who could count to one hundred fastest? Yeah, I grew up in the sticks! Anyway, a while ago one of my good friends (Cari Shields) tagged me with the "one hundred things about me" tag. I am just barely getting around to it. Here we go...

1. I love summer time.
2. Summer means vacation, swimming, and popsicles.
3. My favorite popsicle is a Bullet.
4. I love to lay in the sun and read a good book even though I know it is bad for my skin.
5. I think that being tan and fat is better than being white and fat.
6. I love the smell of sunscreen. Sometimes I put it on in the winter just so I can anticipate summer.
7. I finally learned how to boogie board this summer.
8. I would like to learn how to build an amazing sandcastle.
9. I am only 30 years old and I have wrinkles.
10. I embrace those wrinkles cuz most of them are "laugh lines". Either I am pretty damn funny or I know some hilarious people.
11. I have a little birthmark on my left leg.
12. I think freckles are cute.
13. I think all of my kids have amazing eyes.
14. I love being a mom.
15. I figure I am pretty lucky to be able to stay at home with my kids.
16. I never went to college.
17. I went to beauty school for about 3 months... Yes that does make me a beauty school drop out and Yes it gets old when people sing that song to me.
18. I have taken a couple of online courses.
19. I love learning, but I stink at math.
20. I would love to get a degree in something... Right now I am thinking about nursing. I think it would be cool to be a labor and delivery nurse.
21. I love to watch movies.
22. I love the movies that are series... Rambo, Rocky, Star Wars...
23. I love to watch the Food Network.
24. I never cook new things, I just like to think that someday I might.
25. I love hiking.
26. I love camping... especially now that I have a trailer.
27. I like to work outside.
28. Like mowing the lawn.
29. and pulling weeds.
30. I love the smell of rain.
31. I have almost been married for 8 years.
32. This is my second marriage.
33. My husbands second marriage too.
34. If we added up all the years that we spent married, it would add up to TOO DAMN MANY!
35. Just kidding. Nathan has spent alot of years married.
36. Sometimes I feel bad for him... like I should be a little nicer.
37. It is just so hard when he is so fun to tease.
38. I am so thankful for Nathan.
39. He puts up with a lot of crap.
40. He can dish it out pretty good too.
41. I would like to be more patient.
42. And limit the number of times in a day that a cuss word comes out of my mouth.
43. I love living in Queen Creek.
44. I wish I had a pool in the back yard.
45. I have been to 10 states.
46. I would love to travel and see the rest of the US in an RV.
47. I love doing puzzles
48. And playing any kind of game.
49. I love bowling.
50. I won the spelling bee in elementary and junior high.
51. My 8th grade year I lost on purpose because I didn't want to study.
52. I love playing sports.
53. I am not super competitive because I pretty much suck.
54. I love to do laundry.
55. I hate to put it away.
56. I love having a clean house.
57. I love naps...good 2-3 hour naps.
58. One of my favorite things in the world is clean sheets and shaved legs.
59. I sleep best when Nathan is home.
60. I am a bit of an insomniac.
61. I love food.
62. Anyone tried the new Nilla Cakesters? 'nuff said!
63. I love music and like to sing... not a good singer but like to anyway.
64. I love that Nathan can name the song and the artist to almost every song on the radio.
65. I would pick the beach over the mountains any day of the week.
66. I wish I was a good diver.
67. I hate shopping for clothes.
68. I am not much of a collector.
69. I would move every two years if Nathan would let me.
70. I hate painting but love the smell of fresh paint... Hmmm.
71. My sisters will debate this one, but i have not peed my pants for the last 25 years.
72. They have... sometimes more than twice a year.
73. They keep telling me that if I keep making fun of them, it is going to happen to me too.
74. When I was 10, I pooped my pants in public.
75. I think I would rather do alot of things than to repeat that experience.
76. I think farting is funny.
77. I hate it when someone farts at the table. That is the only time I can disipline my kids or husband for doing it.
78. Or if they do it in my face.
79. All other times, I lose it when anyone breaks wind.
80. I love soda. I know it is bad for you, but I LOVE IT.
81. I love baby feet.
82. And the smell of a clean baby.
83. And the smell of breast milk poop.
84. I loved being pregnant.
85. I love the sound of my kids singing.
86. I am thankful for the temple and for a husband who honors his priesthood.
87. I love flowers.
88. My favorite flower is tulips.
89. My favorite late night snack is Honey Buns.
90. I like to run.
91. There is nothing like a good cry.
92. The last time I cried was when my sister Aisilyn moved to Holbrook.
93. I never thought I would be a dog person, but I love my dog slim.
94. I hate the smell of dogs
95. Can't someone come up with a rememdy to stinky dogs?
96. I don't mind my age.
97. I like jumping on the trampoline with my kids.
98. ... wearing about 4 sports bras.
99. I would love to get a breast reduction.
100. I think Nathan is gonna die that I put that on the blog.

There you have it. 100 useless pieces of information about me.

14 comments:

Marci said...

So fun to hear about you and we are a like in many ways. I am lucky to know you:)

Anonymous said...

I love it! It was fun to be reminded of all the things that make you..you! But mostly, it made me miss your smile and contagious laugh. Sure could use some of that 1400 miles away and a husband in Cali fighting fire. No better way to spend the 4th than a good book by the pool with my boys! I love you...everything about you! Hugs
Shine

The Meehl Family said...

Sonda, you crack me up! You're AWESOME!

James and Cari said...

I LOVED reading that!!! :-) You are so much fun- I miss you a ton!

The Garlocks.... said...

About time for a new post! I love your comment you just made on my blog! I laughed out loud but didn't dare to tell Troy! HA HA! You would be a great nurse! You totally need to do it! Plus, work for a plastic surgeon and maybe you can get a discount for your breast reductions! I want one too and I'm only a "B"!!! Loved your post!

The Garlock's said...

Love it... that is to funny! Isn't it crazy that we always want to change what we have or get rid of, or in my case want what we don't have.

Colton said...

I had no idea that you were so unfathomably weird. And amazing.

74. Hilarious.

76. "Silence please, everybody freeze..."

81. I completely agree. I like to play patty-cakes with them on my cheeks.

83. Weird.

I just realized that I totally skipped the last four posts. The whole breast reduction thing makes more sense now. My sisters can empathize. Although the trampoline is usually where they end up peeing their pants before they knock themselves senseless.

You are pretty damn funny. You've earned every one of those wrinkles. And don't worry about the swearing. If its just recreational, it isn't bad.

McCabe Family said...

Wow I know you better than I thought. I could have probably come up with most of those. And the "laugh lines" are totally because you are funny.

Becky said...

You know I thought I saw you today. Then I realized that the mushrooms must be pretty good because I'm sure I was seeing things!

Becky said...

I totally agree on the boob undo job. I've always wanted one. You're fuuny, that was fun to read.

Laura said...

That was fun to read and you can do my laundry anytime!

Jenny said...

You are funny! I miss being in Queen Creek and the times you made me laugh when we would come visiting teaching. You are one in a million-- :)

The Bottjer Family said...

I am 27 and have wrinkles if that makes you feel any better! I think you're stuuuuupendous!

*junkrestore* said...

I don't know what Colton is talking about. I am the only one of his sisters bigger than a b-cup.

And I love bullets TOO!!