Monday, November 5, 2007

I love to see the Temple...

This post is mostly for Sunshine and Patrick Seekins. Sunshine is my little sister and she was sealed to her sweet husband and boys this weekend in the Houston Temple. Nathan and I had the opportunity to be there with them and it was amazing! Our family home evening tonight was about temples and the importance of the trip that Nathan and I just took. We came away with greater faith and a reminder of how we can be together forever if we do what we need to do. I am so thankful that I could go out there! It was a great trip. My kids stayed home with my little sis Molli and her husband Kendall. Did I mention that they have 2 kids of their own! They are brave little kiddies (Molli and Kendall that is) and my kids were happy when we got back. I appreciate Molli and Kendall and the sacrifice they made so we could go.



I think I need to clarify something before you watch the clip.

Singing is not one of my gifts... I downright stink at it. I leave the singing to Nathan usually but he wasn't home. Anyways, I was exhausted tonight and figured that the key changes every couple of notes may be forgiven by those who trully love me. For those who don't, I don't recommend that you turn up the volume on this one. :)

8 comments:

Tom and Kassie said...

I love you guys sooooo much! Sounds like you guys had a good trip. Question, are you guys going to be here for Thanksgiving? Roxy was looking for a home for a couple days if you will be around...

Anonymous said...

I just had a few minutes and a little more energy and thought I would check blogs. Here I am again crying. We were sooo glad you guys came. I don't get to visit with Nath too much ever but it was nice to just hang out with you all. I loved the song and especially Tylers peace sign at the end. It wouldn't have been the same without you. Thanks for such a huge sacrifce. We love you all sooo much!

Denyse said...

Can I just tell you that this like melted my heart just now...seriously, how great are your kids?! I can't WAIT to have a family & sing songs & do fun stuff with them...you guys rock hard :)

Betts Family said...

Okay so let me just say that I was really hoping you would follow up with "everything that glitters" and the fringy white cowboy boots (wink wink)! You are cute and your kids are so great to do this on video. . .what did you bribe them with!! I love you. . keep up the good mom work!

Becky said...

Your kids brought back memories of FHE in our house - we'll sing, just don't force us to make eye contact while we sing! You're awesome. I'm so glad you're in charge of my boy for a few hours every Sunday!

Becky said...

Your kids brought back memories of FHE in our house - we'll sing, just don't force us to make eye contact while we sing! You're awesome. I'm so glad you're in charge of my boy for a few hours every Sunday!

mccabe44 said...

I know how you feel about the whole singing thing! I am not a singer either but it looks like you guys had a great FHE and that is what counts! I am so glad you guys got to come down here. I hope you enjoyed your time and that you didnt think we were too weird!! lol

sockiepuppetsmom said...

We are so glad to have finally met you guys. It was great to have you hear and I know Sunshine can't wait for you to come back but neither can we:)