Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Jimmy Crack Corn, and I don't care...

We all decided that BBQ chicken and corn on the cob sounded good for dinner one night in Thatcher. I think this is the first time that Ethan and Ryan got to help. They loved it! I made me remember the Jimmy Crack Corn song... don't be thinking I'm a dork. You know you started singing it in your head when you saw the title!

Everyone shucking corn for dinner. Doesn't Nathan's hair look sexy?! Ethan calls that "having an Alfalfanator"
Ryan learns how to peel the hair off. I have always thought that Brooks had big hands. This picture shows just how big next to Ry-Ry's little ones.
Ethan learning the tricks of the trade. Grandpa is a pretty good teacher.
Grandma making sure that the job is done right. One time, I put all the corn in the pot and boiled it before I washed it. It is a good thing that Jeanne is around most of the time when I cook. I have learned a ton from her in the kitchen!
Almost ready to put on the stove. YUMMY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep! You are right....I started singing the song in my head right away. How funny. Looks like you guys had a good time.

Betts Family said...

Okay so you are a dork and yes I did start singing that dumb song too. . .looks like you all are having fun, lots more than we ever had in Thatcher! :). You're little Ryan is sooo cute.