Monday, May 10, 2010

"Ummm Mom...."

Any story that starts with those words, I only really half listen to. I know that might make me a crappy mom. On Friday morning, with one eye open, I was washing dishes, making lunches and trying to encourage the little boys to hurry and get dressed after their shower. Then, Ryan comes out of my room and starts with "Umm Mom..." and proceeds to tell this elaborate story. As I said before, I was only half listening until at the end of the story I hear "...and then there was blood..." I don't know what else he said. I walked into my room where Ethan was sitting on the floor in his skivies with his eye all bloody and it was dripping onto his leg. Ryan is giving me this really sad look and he too is only in his skivies. So I tell him to tell me what happened. Long story short...Ryan is laying on the ground, Ethan steps on his leg and tells him if he wants him to get off, to yank his arm as hard as he can. So he does and pulls Ethan right into the corner of my bed. KerSplit!




So I tell Ryan to go get his clothes on and then get Nathan out of the shower to look at Ethans eye. Nathan has to go to work and so we get Ryan and Savannah on the bus and head to the ER. 2 hours and a day off school with a McDonalds breakfast later....here is Ethan!




Such a sad face, but I think he would take a split eye for a day of Xbox and take out any day of the week. Gotta love raising boys!

4 comments:

Colton said...

"And then there was blood"...best line ever.

I would gladly trade McDonald's, Xbox, and stitches for a day off school. I'd place that order tomorrow, in fact.

The Herberts said...

Oh poor Ethy!!!! BOYS!!!! Thinkin' 'bout you guys!!

Betts Family said...

That's hilarious and no you are not a bad mom for sometimes tuning out things. . .I have a super talker at my house and in order to get anything done I have to tune her out sometimes! Poor little guy . . .time to invest in some mederma scar cream (it works i promise)

Becky said...

Love the pitiful face!