Monday, February 2, 2009

Londons Run 2009

I love to run. I am not very good at it but I love it. I have been training for awhile with my friend Brooke Garner to do the 10K. We went on Saturday morning and ran our first one. When we first showed up at 7am so I could register, I told Nathan that it felt a little like the State Fair, there was a DJ and food and everything and I didn't know if I was gonna like it. I was a little intimidated. But I wondered if I would feel different in the end. We finished the 6.2 miles in exactly 60 minutes! I was so proud of us for reaching our goal. Not to mention that the race itself was for such a good cause. All along the race trail, there were pictures of London and other cancer victims and their families and friends with sayings like "YOU CAN DO IT!" and "CANCER IS HARD, RUNNING IS EASY!" I have to admit I had a hard time keeping my emotions in check. It was awesome to finish the race but made me think of the fight that those kids faced. I will run this race every year. ALSO... On February 14th there is another benefit race, (I think there is a 2 mile fun run/walk, a 10k, and a 1/2 marathon) for the Bailey's. They are a family in our stake with conjoined twins. I am running in this race as well and would encourage anyone who can to come out and support this awesome family to do so. Information about the event can be found at twosisters-oneheart.blogspot.com.


Before the Race! 10K or Bust Baby!


Freezing our cajones off!


The Finish Line...



We saw it and race to cross it...

We did it! Ah... Sweet Victory!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures make me cry...I love ALL that is you. I am so proud of your accomplishment. Way to go, sis!

Aisi

Laura said...

You ladies ROCK! Great job Sonda you should be really proud. I love the family pictures too. You and Nathan are smokin hot!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I am choked up just even looking at your pics! Was the whole race on a DIRT trail? UGH! I am sooo proud of you!

Betts Family said...

Congratulations! You are an animal. . .I'm glad you're running for the Bailey's too. . .I am actually good friends with their Grandma Joan. . .what an amazing story! You're the best!

Colton said...

Well done. You are a good person, I don't care what everybody says...;)

Turleygirl said...

Hey, I'm impressed with the just the running part and the fact that it was for a good cause makes it even better.

The Herberts said...

Congrats!! What an accomplishment! I'm so proud of you AND you are looking FAB! Way to go! I feel so out of touch with you and feel like I don't ever see you anymore. We need to do a girls night soon! :)

Louisa said...

It was fun to be out there running with you girls. You two did a great job. Geoff and I are running the 10K on the 14th too! See ya there!

Whitney XOXO said...

HOLY CRAP SONDA!!!! I'm so proud of you! I have been working out like crazy and trying to watch what I put in my mouth so that I can be a better dance teacher.... but wow I could just die sitting here reading this. You are amazing!!!! xoxox