Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nifty Sixty...

Nathan's dad just turned 60 this past month. We all went to Thatcher to celebrate and do some of the things that Brooks loves to do. We spent the weekend making sugar cookies, shooting guns, looking for rocks out in the hills and cooking out, riding the rail and enjoying each others company. There are few people that I admire as much as my father in law. If I am able to adopt his tolerance and patience as a parent, I will feel like an accomplished adult. Maybe it will happen by osmosis since Nathan possesses those same qualities. I keep telling Brooks that the more time I spend around him, the more I see his qualities in Nathan. Especially his "sense of humor". We love you Dad and are so thankful for all you do for us!



When all the kids are looking for rocks, the boys will test their swing and play "baseball" with an old shovel handle. I was proud this last time that we were there when Nathan "broke the bat"


Randy and Jenni on a four wheeler ride!





All the kids checkin out Grandpa's rock collection. Ethan is an avid rock collector and thought this was pretty stinkin cool!







Every time we go home, the boys talk mom into baking something. Sugar cookies is not her favorite thing to make cuz she usually ends up doing them by herself. But because they are Dad's favorite and because all of the boys were willing to help, she did it. I don't think I ever see her happier than when her family is together.





We were crackin up becuz the last time we were home we went to church in mom and dad's ward. Alan went with us and had a toothpick in his mouth the whole time... well except during the sacrament. If you look close in this picture you can see the toothpick in his mouth. He is so funny!


1 comment:

Levi and Suzi said...

That picture of Nathan and his mom is definitely a keeper. What a memory.