Monday, August 20, 2007

Go Bulldogs! RRRUFFF!

So the last month has been pretty crazy at our house. Tyler went in to the Ear, nose and throat doc to have some scar tissue removed from his nose. While he was under anesthesia during surgery, the anesthesiologist noticed that he was having abnormal heart rythms and recommended that we see a cardiologist. To make a long story short, Tyler has been attending football practice and watching... not participating for the last three weeks hoping that after he saw the cardiologist, he would be cleared to play football and whatever other sports he chooses to play this year. It has been emotional and hard to see Tyler face this challenge in his life. We have felt the strength of family and friends as they have prayed and asked how he was doing and expressed concern on his behalf. I am thankful to say tonight that he has been cleared for sports and that although he does have a condition called Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome (WPW) it is a mild case and can be corrected with surgery. We will probably look into doing the surgery during the summer but are mostly so relieved and thankful that he is ok. There is nothing like not knowing what is wrong with your child. It is even more frustrating to not know at times how to comfort and help him. Tyler has grown spiritually so much in the past month. We are so proud of him and thankful for the strength of his spirit. We are thankful for friends and family who have supported and loved us through all of the challenges we have faced. It has lessened the burden and made it bearable. So, on behalf of Tyler and his entire family... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! In honor of him being cleared for football, we typed this post in his school colors. GO BULLDOGS! XOXO

7 comments:

Laura said...

Yea for Tyler! Hey Sonda can you get me a copy of his football schedule? The YW wanted to do something nice for the boys in the ward that play.

Betts Family said...

We're so glad Tyler will be okay, we've been praying for him. It's amazing how the Lord works and I'm sure glad to hear the it is a condition that can be corrected. Hang in there.

CASSIE said...

THAT IS SOO GOOD TO HEAR...I BET HE IS ON CLOUD NINE THAT THE SEASON FOR HIM IS BACK ON! LOTS OF LOVE!!

Me and The Boys said...

Thats some good news! Let him know that me and the boys said hello!

Jenny said...

Hey Sonda- I found your blog girl! I love you and your Bryce Fam! ANyway I am glad Tyler is okay since I am not your VT anymore I never know how you are..glad your summer rocked and the kids are in school!

The Garlocks.... said...

Darling, Darling BLOG! I love all the pictures of Savannah!!! So, I keep thinking of yesterday at the gym and I feel bad. I should NEVER give advice on working out..HELLO..Look at me! I think you're beautiful and you're perfect! You don't need to loose a pound! You just need to do what makes you feel the best and if that is eating a Nutty Bar and 10 o'clock at night then you should do it...Hello, LIFE's to short just eat Nutty Bar's! I'm sorry, I hope I didn't offend you! You're the best!

Sonda Bryce said...

Brooke... no offense taken. I am hard to offend. I love my Nutty Bars! :)