Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just getting started...



My sis in law Jenni and I spent an afternoon a couple of weeks ago canning chicken. We checked out the Central Ward Pressure Canner and have dubbed it "The Beast!" It is so heavy but we canned 32 pints of chicken in one go round. It was awesome. We had to do it on a camp stove in Jenni's garage but it was fun. I have big plans to have an amazing garden down here and possibly can some of the harvest. Maybe this chicken is just the beginning...

3 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

Hey you go! You little homemaker, you!

Rubalcavas said...

You live in Central Ward? My Grandma and two aunts are in that ward! If you meet my grandama...Lavada Layton or my aunts Lona Duncan or Jody Green, give them hug for me! Say hi to Jenni too!

Chris and Suzette said...

YOU GOO GIRLS!!!