Friday, May 9, 2008

Savannah May









Savannah just celbrated her 9th birthday. It is crazy to me how in these landmark moments like birthdays, you seem to really see how fast time is going. She is getting so big and is so full of life. I love her so much! She had a little celebration at Barro's (none of the rest of the family complained) with just our family and a few friends. It was fabulous and she had a blast! Here's to you sister sue!












Top 9 Things we love about Savannah....

1. She is great with kids. She knows how to play and how to include everyone. She is going to be a great babysitter.

2. She has an infectious laugh... It can be annoying in a cramped space but some people would say the same thing about my laugh! :)

3. She loves a good challenge.

4. She loves to play sports and her brothers love that!

5. She is very aware of my feelings and moods. I don't know that I am proud of this but she does usually know when it is best to just play outside!

6. She loves to perform... sing, dance, gymnastics. You name it she can do it and would love to show you!

7. She is very aware... of her situation, of other people and of uncomfortable situations. From the time she was a baby, she has been able to sense things and bring a gentle peace wherever she is.

8. She is pretty dang funny! I think she gets it from me.... Don't laugh, I am serious.

9. I think she is the best of me and the best of Todd all rolled into one. What a gift she has been in my life. She has been with me through some of the hardest times of my life and has proven to be a light and reminder of why we are here and where we are headed. I love you my girl! XXOO

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love that Savannah can totally hold her own with all those boys! She is such a mini-Sonda. Cute, Cute, Cute!

Betts Family said...

Okay you brought tears to my eyes and that "warm tickle in my heart" like Avonleah says when I read those 9 things. What a beautiful thing it must be to look back nine years ago and realize where you've been, where you are and what is to come! I love you and Savannah definitely has a lot of your greatness!