Monday, May 12, 2008

High degrees of mutual toleration...

I have a friend that posted this quote on his blog and I loved it so much I had to snatch it and put it on mine... Although I don't think we say "snatch" do we? I think I meant steal... Anyway...

President Gordon B. Hinckley said:
“I have enjoyed these words of Jenkins Lloyd Jones, which I clipped from the newspaper some years ago. Said he:…
“Anyone who imagines that bliss…is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed.
“[The fact is]… most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise…
“Life is like an old-time rail journey- delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed.
“The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride”


I love Pres. Hinckley because he is just honest. He says it like it is and I LOVE HIM!

5 comments:

Colton said...

I think that you can say snatch as long as you aren't talking anatomy...

Denyse said...

I loved that, so true! Looks like you guys had a blast in Rocky Point, soo jealous :)

Becky said...

Reminds me of one of my dad's favorite sayings . . . . :)

Betts Family said...

I love this quote it is definitely one of my favorites, I keep it attached to my wall. You are soo amazing, I love your blog and your boys and Savannah are so dang cute.

Levi and Suzi said...

That is an awesome quote! We have loved looking at all of your updates! Levi especially enjoyed the videos of Ethan and Ryan (aka Slim Shady) singing. Hilarious!! You have the coolest kiddos!